Thursday, November 4, 2010

Pro Qualifier and Rick Clunn XPS Baitcaster

Okay so for this post Im going to talk about something I use very often, my fishing pole. Now this is not my only fishing set up but it is one of my favorites. I have a Bass Pro Pro Qualifier rod and a Rick Clunn RCX baitcaster on it.

Pro Qualifier
Okay so like I said earlier this is one of my favorite set ups, but this rod by itself is one of my favorite rods I have ever used. Mine is 6'6, which honestly I wish I had bought one that was a little longer but this one works. It is a medium heavy action which is perfect for how I fish. It has a really good backbone to but is still very sensitive. And last nut not least the grip! It has the power hump grip on which i wasn't sure how I would like it before I bought this pole but now I love it. My hands don't get sore from gripping it even if I fish all day. If anyone is interested into looking more into this pole then heres a link for it!
http://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shops-Pro-Qualifier-XPS-Trigger-Rods/product/98314/-1432339

Rick Clunn RCX
This is also one of my favorite reels I have ever used. It has a 7:1:1 gear ratio on it so I can crank it as fast I can. It has awesome breaks on it, I cant tell you the last time I got a birds nest in it. I can throw out whatever kind of line I want on this thing and it works great. The only problem I have ever had with it was being able to flip and pitch with it. But that really isn't a big deal because I use a different rod and reel for that. But overall this is just a great reel, here is a link for it!
http://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shops-RCX-Power-Fishing-Baitcast-Reels/product/10205036/-1662560

No comments:

Post a Comment